Kennedy Valve was proud to have 59 team members and their families participate in the 2018 Walk a Mile in my Shoes suicide prevention and awareness event on May 5.
It was a beautiful day for a walk. Over 2,000 people came out to show their support for this critical issue which is more common than you think and more preventable than you know.
Thanks to everyone who participated in this year’s event!
The American Cancer Society’s “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk is a powerful event that raises awareness and funds to find a cure for breast cancer. We are proud to report that on Saturday, June 20, 2015, AB&I’s team, Iron Will to Survive, was the second largest team at the walk with 40 participants!
The generous support of AB&I and their team members helped make Iron Will to Survive the first place team for the total amount of donations raised – over $10,000! Knowing that there were a total of 38 teams, 300 participants, and $57,689 total dollars raised, it is humbling to realize the impact our participation can have on the life of a cancer patient.
Thank you to the following AB&I team members and their families for joining Iron Will to Survive at the walk:
- Amalia Beltran and her daughter, Margarita
- Isaac Beltran, his wife, Guillermina, and son, Carlos
- Gilbert Bolanos, his wife, Arisvel, and daughters Alexa, Cristal, and Stephanie
- Nick Darling
- Kevin Doran and his four-legged family, Gigi
- Cris Forde, her four-legged family, Jack, and her friend, Laya, and her four-legged family, Nala
- Isidro Gonzalez, his sister, Maria, and nephew, Saul
- Jennifer Grundell and her husband, Greg
- Zeydi Gutierrez, her son, Oliver, daughter, Chelsea, and four-legged family, Rex
- Anthony Hernandez-Deanda
- Harrison Lambert
- Jenny Landon and her friend, Jessi
- Dana Sherry and her friend, Assi
- Nancy Tavares, her husband, Carlos, daughter, Natalie, son, Nathan, four-legged family, Darla, and extended family Josh, Bev, Rene, Danielle, Marla, Rhonda, Jeremy, Tony, and four-legged family, Bruno.
Sincere thanks and gratitude to AB&I for matching the donations that were made to Iron Will to Survive and to each and every team member that made a donation. Their support and generosity is a perfect example of what being a team truly means.