We are pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 McWane EHS Awards:
- Most Improved TRIR-Fabrication: Anaco / Corona, CA
- Most Improved TRIR-Foundry: McWane Ductile-New Jersey / Phillipsburg, NJ
- Outstanding Health & Safety Performance: Tyler Couplings / Marshfield, MO
- Outstanding Environmental Performance-Fabrication: Manchester Tank / Crossville, TN
- Outstanding Environmental Performance-Foundry: Clow Valve / Oskaloosa, IA and AB&I Foundry / Oakland, CA
- Outstanding Environmental Progress-Foundry: Tyler Xianxian / Cangzhou, China
- EHS Excellence (Screaming Eagle): Tyler Couplings / Marshfield, MO
Congratulations to this year’s winners!
Tyler XianXian was asked by the local mayor to showcase the new greensand molding line (M1) and building air supply system to a group of Chinese dignitaries. Approximately 20 officials, including local and area mayors, vice-mayors, the Director of the Environmental Protection Bureau, stopped by Tyler XianXian to see the new M1 molding line, baghouses, and electric furnaces.
The M1 molding line is the first phase of a two-phased project with the second line, M2, currently under construction. M2 has a completion date scheduled for mid-December 2015. The total capital for the M1, M2, and air supply system is approximately $5 million or 30 million RMB.
The building air supply system will distribute approximately 700,000 cubic feet per minute of fresh air throughout the main foundry building. The M1 molding line has a production rate of 8 tons per day at 15 molds per hour, while the M2 molding line will have a production rate of 30 tons per day at 50 molds per hour.