Clow Valve Company is proud to sponsor the 2018 Mahaska County YMCA Summer Camp. The camp offers kids the opportunity for growth through outdoor activities like canoeing, fishing, archery, swimming, team building, arts and crafts and unique field trip experiences. It also teaches values shared by Clow: honesty, caring, respect and responsibility.
Anaco held an Open House on October 4 for team members and their families. The 300+ attendees were treated to plant tours, delicious food, lots of fun games and music from many different eras.
It was a great opportunity for families to tour the facility and have a little fun together. Everyone had a great time.
McWane Ductile New Jersey held their annual Team Health Fair on Thursday, October 12th. They partnered with St. Luke’s to provide free screenings to team members on-site. The event is a daylong event from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and is available to all hourly and salaried team members.
Tests and services provided by St. Luke’s included:
- Sleep apnea and pulmonary function testing
- Diabetes counseling and education
- Blood pressures/smoking cessation
- BMI and body fat analysis
- Bone density screening
- Stress management
- Fitness information
- Vascular screenings for PAD (peripheral artery disease affecting the legs and ankles)
Hansel Conway was the lucky winner of a gift basket that St Luke’s Fitness Center gave away in the raffle.
The American Cancer Society’s “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk is a powerful event that raises awareness and funds to find a cure for breast cancer. We are proud to report that on Saturday, June 20, 2015, AB&I’s team, Iron Will to Survive, was the second largest team at the walk with 40 participants!
The generous support of AB&I and their team members helped make Iron Will to Survive the first place team for the total amount of donations raised – over $10,000! Knowing that there were a total of 38 teams, 300 participants, and $57,689 total dollars raised, it is humbling to realize the impact our participation can have on the life of a cancer patient.
Thank you to the following AB&I team members and their families for joining Iron Will to Survive at the walk:
- Amalia Beltran and her daughter, Margarita
- Isaac Beltran, his wife, Guillermina, and son, Carlos
- Gilbert Bolanos, his wife, Arisvel, and daughters Alexa, Cristal, and Stephanie
- Nick Darling
- Kevin Doran and his four-legged family, Gigi
- Cris Forde, her four-legged family, Jack, and her friend, Laya, and her four-legged family, Nala
- Isidro Gonzalez, his sister, Maria, and nephew, Saul
- Jennifer Grundell and her husband, Greg
- Zeydi Gutierrez, her son, Oliver, daughter, Chelsea, and four-legged family, Rex
- Anthony Hernandez-Deanda
- Harrison Lambert
- Jenny Landon and her friend, Jessi
- Dana Sherry and her friend, Assi
- Nancy Tavares, her husband, Carlos, daughter, Natalie, son, Nathan, four-legged family, Darla, and extended family Josh, Bev, Rene, Danielle, Marla, Rhonda, Jeremy, Tony, and four-legged family, Bruno.
Sincere thanks and gratitude to AB&I for matching the donations that were made to Iron Will to Survive and to each and every team member that made a donation. Their support and generosity is a perfect example of what being a team truly means.