Anaco held an Open House on October 4 for team members and their families. The 300+ attendees were treated to plant tours, delicious food, lots of fun games and music from many different eras.
It was a great opportunity for families to tour the facility and have a little fun together. Everyone had a great time.
McWane Ductile New Jersey held their annual Team Health Fair on Thursday, October 12th. They partnered with St. Luke’s to provide free screenings to team members on-site. The event is a daylong event from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and is available to all hourly and salaried team members.
Tests and services provided by St. Luke’s included:
- Sleep apnea and pulmonary function testing
- Diabetes counseling and education
- Blood pressures/smoking cessation
- BMI and body fat analysis
- Bone density screening
- Stress management
- Fitness information
- Vascular screenings for PAD (peripheral artery disease affecting the legs and ankles)
Hansel Conway was the lucky winner of a gift basket that St Luke’s Fitness Center gave away in the raffle.
The American Cancer Society’s “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk is a powerful event that raises awareness and funds to find a cure for breast cancer. We are proud to report that on Saturday, June 20, 2015, AB&I’s team, Iron Will to Survive, was the second largest team at the walk with 40 participants!
The generous support of AB&I and their team members helped make Iron Will to Survive the first place team for the total amount of donations raised – over $10,000! Knowing that there were a total of 38 teams, 300 participants, and $57,689 total dollars raised, it is humbling to realize the impact our participation can have on the life of a cancer patient.
Thank you to the following AB&I team members and their families for joining Iron Will to Survive at the walk:
- Amalia Beltran and her daughter, Margarita
- Isaac Beltran, his wife, Guillermina, and son, Carlos
- Gilbert Bolanos, his wife, Arisvel, and daughters Alexa, Cristal, and Stephanie
- Nick Darling
- Kevin Doran and his four-legged family, Gigi
- Cris Forde, her four-legged family, Jack, and her friend, Laya, and her four-legged family, Nala
- Isidro Gonzalez, his sister, Maria, and nephew, Saul
- Jennifer Grundell and her husband, Greg
- Zeydi Gutierrez, her son, Oliver, daughter, Chelsea, and four-legged family, Rex
- Anthony Hernandez-Deanda
- Harrison Lambert
- Jenny Landon and her friend, Jessi
- Dana Sherry and her friend, Assi
- Nancy Tavares, her husband, Carlos, daughter, Natalie, son, Nathan, four-legged family, Darla, and extended family Josh, Bev, Rene, Danielle, Marla, Rhonda, Jeremy, Tony, and four-legged family, Bruno.
Sincere thanks and gratitude to AB&I for matching the donations that were made to Iron Will to Survive and to each and every team member that made a donation. Their support and generosity is a perfect example of what being a team truly means.