The Manchester Tank Elkhart team continued a 10-year tradition of participating in the annual Salvation Army Adopt-a-Family program. With donations from Manchester/McWane, as well as their management team, they were able to make Christmas a little bit brighter for families in need.
This program is designed to assist families who are in crisis as the result of unemployment, homelessness, medical issues, or other difficult circumstances, and who otherwise would not have the resources to celebrate Christmas. Families who are adopted are provided with food, clothing, and gifts from sponsors.
Manchester Tank would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!
This week, Clow Canada was pleased to welcome representatives from Coverdale Women’s Center and Outflow Ministry Men’s Shelter. Mayor Don Darling, Deputy Mayor Shirley McAlary and City Counsellors also attended to show support for these organizations. General Manager Rick Benoit provided the visitors with a tour of the facility and then presented the two shelters with a donation.
Thank you to both organizations for all that you do and we hope the donations help make a difference.
The American Cancer Society’s “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk is a powerful event that raises awareness and funds to find a cure for breast cancer. We are proud to report that on Saturday, June 20, 2015, AB&I’s team, Iron Will to Survive, was the second largest team at the walk with 40 participants!
The generous support of AB&I and their team members helped make Iron Will to Survive the first place team for the total amount of donations raised – over $10,000! Knowing that there were a total of 38 teams, 300 participants, and $57,689 total dollars raised, it is humbling to realize the impact our participation can have on the life of a cancer patient.
Thank you to the following AB&I team members and their families for joining Iron Will to Survive at the walk:
- Amalia Beltran and her daughter, Margarita
- Isaac Beltran, his wife, Guillermina, and son, Carlos
- Gilbert Bolanos, his wife, Arisvel, and daughters Alexa, Cristal, and Stephanie
- Nick Darling
- Kevin Doran and his four-legged family, Gigi
- Cris Forde, her four-legged family, Jack, and her friend, Laya, and her four-legged family, Nala
- Isidro Gonzalez, his sister, Maria, and nephew, Saul
- Jennifer Grundell and her husband, Greg
- Zeydi Gutierrez, her son, Oliver, daughter, Chelsea, and four-legged family, Rex
- Anthony Hernandez-Deanda
- Harrison Lambert
- Jenny Landon and her friend, Jessi
- Dana Sherry and her friend, Assi
- Nancy Tavares, her husband, Carlos, daughter, Natalie, son, Nathan, four-legged family, Darla, and extended family Josh, Bev, Rene, Danielle, Marla, Rhonda, Jeremy, Tony, and four-legged family, Bruno.
Sincere thanks and gratitude to AB&I for matching the donations that were made to Iron Will to Survive and to each and every team member that made a donation. Their support and generosity is a perfect example of what being a team truly means.