Clow Canada held their annual sales meeting in Saint John, New Brunswick the week of January 22. A regular agenda item for these meetings is a charity event that doubles as a team building experience. This year was no exception. The sales team volunteered to make sandwiches at the Romero House to put in children’s lunch bags for the following school day. The Romero House is a soup kitchen that was founded in Saint John in 1982 that serves free meals and provides food hampers and housewares to those in need 365 days a year, including Christmas day.
In lieu of a dinner out that evening, the day was topped off by the team presenting the money they would have spent going out to dinner at a restaurant as a donation to the Romero House. Take out food that night never tasted better!
The Clow Canada Sales team had a great time and came away knowing they had made a difference for those in need in the Saint John community.
We are proud to announce the winners of the 2014 McWane EHS Awards which recognize McWane facilities with the best environmental, health and safety performance:
- EHS Excellence Award (Screaming Eagle) – McWane Ductile / Provo, Utah
- Most Improved Recordable Injury Rate-Fabrication Award – Clow Valve-Canada / St. John, New Brunswick
- Most Improved Recordable Injury Rate-Foundry Award – M&H Valve Company / Anniston, Alabama
- Outstanding Health & Safety Performance Award – McWane Ductile / Coshocton, Ohio
- Outstanding Environmental Performance-Fabrication Award – Clow Valve-Canada / St. John, New Brunswick
- Outstanding Environmental Performance-Foundry Award – Kennedy Valve Company / Elmira, New York
Congratulations to this year’s winners!