Though the McWane Feel Like a Million program has come to an end, its mission to promote healthy lifestyles is carried on through our team members. All participants of the program have expressed how much they enjoyed participating and how they have also taken away helpful tips. Some of our team members took home more than that.
There were three categories of winners for the program: the Top Millionaires Club, the Overall Millionaire, and the Facility with the Highest Participation Percentage.
The Top Millionaires Club was “We Can Do It” of Tyler Pipe, TX! “We Can Do It” had a total of $1,710,525. They each received a $25 Visa Gift Card. Pictured top left (not in order of photo): Gwen Jackson, Michael Bowen, Sheri Douglas, and Jerry Kirtley.
The Overall Millionaire was Todd Moore, pictured top right, of Amerex! Todd had a total of $1,922,900. He received a Fitbit Wellness Monitor Wristband along with $100 (gifted from Amerex).
The Facility with the Highest Participation Percentage was Tyler Union! They had 144 eligible participants, 115 participants to sign up for the program, and 105 (73%) who actively participated! Tyler Union received a plaque of recognition for their accomplishment. Pictured bottom right: Sara Tongsuvone (Feel Like a Million Site Coordinator) and Steve Johnson (General Manager).
Thank you to everyone for their participation in the program! We couldn’t have done it without you!
Today marks the beginning of the McWane Feel Like a Million challenge! Feel Like a Million is designed to help improve overall health by learning healthy habits to sustain energy for work and play and reduce stress. We are super excited to begin this challenge and wish all of our team members the best of luck! To kick-off this challenge, we want to provide our team members and our social media friends with the recipe for a delicious, yet healthy and power-packed meal, courtesy of Feel Like a Million!
Broccoli & Feta Pasta Salad (By EatingWell.com) – Yield: 6 servings | Active time: 30 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
This vegetarian pasta salad recipe is perfect for your next potluck or as an easy side dish. The broccoli keeps it nice and crunchy and the chickpeas add protein. For the best flavor, combine the pasta salad with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
- 1 clove of garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar
- 8 ounces (about 3 cups) of whole-wheat fusilli
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1 3/4 cups of halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas , rinsed
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: Mash garlic and salt in a medium bowl with the back of a spoon into a chunky paste. Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, oregano and vinegar; whisk until combined.
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Add broccoli, tomatoes, chickpeas, feta, pepper and the dressing; toss to coat.
*Make Ahead Tip:
Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
Per serving: 264 calories; 44 g carbohydrates; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 6 g dietary fiber; 367 mg potassium; 457 mg sodium. Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (42% daily value), Folate (20% dv), Vitamin A (19% dv), Magnesium (15% dv)