Monthly Archives: March 2016
Futurecom introduces new line of P25 tactical repeaters
We are pleased to announce that Futurecom Systems has introduced a new line of P25 tactical repeaters with a backpack option. This new product line offers portable radio coverage extension for special tactical teams including police and military personnel.
The P25 tactical Repeater with backpack option is a lightweight full duplex 10 Watt repeater available in VHF, UHF, 700 MHz, and 800 MHz bands. An internal lithium battery provides between 8-13 hours of operation and an optional backpack sling is designed for comfort and stability in the field.
Futurecom will be showcasing the P25 tactical repeater at the International Wireless Communications Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada, on March 23-24th, 2016.
Jeet Radia elected to Cahaba River Society Board of Directors
We are proud to announce that Jeet Radia, Senior Vice President of Environmental, Safety, and Human Resources for McWane, has been elected to Cahaba River Society’s Board of Directors for the 2016-2018 terms!
The Cahaba River Society works to restore and protect the Cahaba River watershed and its rich diversity of life. The Cahaba River is the main drinking water source for the Birmingham Water Works Board, which serves about one-fifth of Alabama residents. The Cahaba has more species of fish per mile than any other river in North America and is considered to be nationally and globally significant for freshwater biodiversity by conservation groups such as The Nature Conservancy and The World Wildlife Fund.
Thanks to Jeet for representing McWane’s commitment to a clean environment for generations to come.
And the winners of the 2015 McWane EHS Awards are…
We are pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 McWane EHS Awards:
- Most Improved TRIR-Fabrication: Anaco / Corona, CA
- Most Improved TRIR-Foundry: McWane Ductile-New Jersey / Phillipsburg, NJ
- Outstanding Health & Safety Performance: Tyler Couplings / Marshfield, MO
- Outstanding Environmental Performance-Fabrication: Manchester Tank / Crossville, TN
- Outstanding Environmental Performance-Foundry: Clow Valve / Oskaloosa, IA and AB&I Foundry / Oakland, CA
- Outstanding Environmental Progress-Foundry: Tyler Xianxian / Cangzhou, China
- EHS Excellence (Screaming Eagle): Tyler Couplings / Marshfield, MO
Congratulations to this year’s winners!