Feel Like a Million Kick-Off + Broccoli & Feta Pasta Salad Recipe!
Today marks the beginning of the McWane Feel Like a Million challenge! Feel Like a Million is designed to help improve overall health by learning healthy habits to sustain energy for work and play and reduce stress. We are super excited to begin this challenge and wish all of our team members the best of luck! To kick-off this challenge, we want to provide our team members and our social media friends with the recipe for a delicious, yet healthy and power-packed meal, courtesy of Feel Like a Million!
Broccoli & Feta Pasta Salad (By EatingWell.com) – Yield: 6 servings | Active time: 30 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
This vegetarian pasta salad recipe is perfect for your next potluck or as an easy side dish. The broccoli keeps it nice and crunchy and the chickpeas add protein. For the best flavor, combine the pasta salad with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
- 1 clove of garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar
- 8 ounces (about 3 cups) of whole-wheat fusilli
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1 3/4 cups of halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas , rinsed
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: Mash garlic and salt in a medium bowl with the back of a spoon into a chunky paste. Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, oregano and vinegar; whisk until combined.
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Add broccoli, tomatoes, chickpeas, feta, pepper and the dressing; toss to coat.
*Make Ahead Tip:
Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
Per serving: 264 calories; 44 g carbohydrates; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 6 g dietary fiber; 367 mg potassium; 457 mg sodium. Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (42% daily value), Folate (20% dv), Vitamin A (19% dv), Magnesium (15% dv)
Posted on June 22, 2015, in Get Healthy With McWane and tagged challenge, Feel Like a Million, FLAM, healthy, lifestyle, McWane, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
Changing my eating habit wii probably work for me, so trying new recipe wii dothe trick.
We hope you enjoy the recipe, Loretta! Changing eating habits is always a great thing to do to improve our health…way to go!
Just what to feel better