And the winners of the 2014 ErgoCup Competition are . . .
We are proud to announce the winners of the 2014 ErgoCup Competition:
- First Place: Manchester Tank & Equipment Company, Quincy, Illinois:
- MTQ designed a vessel hanging device which resulted in a quicker and ergonomically better way to attach/detach tanks during the manufacturing process.
- 1st Runner Up: Manchester Tank & Equipment Company, Elkhart, Indiana:
- MTE designed a new shipping container loose loader which resulted in ergonomic improvements, risk reduction, reduction in labor costs and lower shipping fees.
- Best Risk Reduction (representing the highest overall risk reduction): Bibby Ste. Croix, Québec
- BSC designed a motorized grinding table that eliminated the movement required and improved the work posture of team members during the process.
- Best Innovation (representing the most innovative project): Manchester Tank & Equipment Company, Bedford, Indiana
- MTB built a custom flange rotating device to handle blind flanges in excess of 300 lbs. to prevent ergonomic injuries and improve manufacturing efficiency.
The judges for this year’s competition (pictured above) were Dan Copeland, Pat Tyson, Matt Hollub, and Claudiu Lungu.
“At the end of each year’s competition it leaves me thinking how could we possibly improve on this? But each year they do! The dedication to continuous improvement by those who participate in the McWane ErgoCup is truly fantastic,” said Fred Simpson, Corporate Industrial Hygienist who coordinates and leads the ErgoCup competition every year. “This competition is a great example of creativity, team work, and enthusiasm that has turned out a lot of great products which have significantly reduced the risk of injuries to our McWane team members.”
Congratulations to all the facilities and team members who participated in this year’s competition. With your hard work, our work environments are now safer – and not just for the facilities that developed the solutions. The project explanations and videos are all posted on the McWane intranet ErgoCup site and are available for viewing by all McWane facilities.
This year, let’s see how many good ideas developed by one facility can be duplicated at another! After all, that is what safety R&D is all about – rip-off and duplicate for the good of everyone!
Posted on October 23, 2014, in Achievements, Events and tagged Bibby Ste. Croix, ErgoCup, McWane, MTE Bedford, MTE Elkhart, MTE Quincy. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on And the winners of the 2014 ErgoCup Competition are . . ..